Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Chicken Parm Casserole
4 cups of shredded, cooked chicken
1 jar (28 ounces) of marinara sauce
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup panko or whole wheat bread crumbs
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
fresh, chopped herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, etc)
salt and pepper
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Grease an 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray.
3) Layer the chicken in the bottom. Dump in the marinara sauce and mix with the chicken. Next, top with cheeses until all the chicken is covered.
4) In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, olive oil, fresh herbs and a dash of salt and pepper together.
5) Sprinkle the seasoned breadcrumbs on top.
6) Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden on top and bubbling on the sides.