Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mini Pumpkin Donuts



My mom gave me a donut maker for my birthday last year. I was so excited to try out some donut recipes, but I just never pulled it out. I was asked to bring something breakfast like to a baby shower, and I knew that mini donuts would be perfect! The donuts are baked not fried, so there is a big difference. I tried out 3 recipes, and while all three were pretty good, none of them blew me out of the water. Probably because they are baked not fried. ha, ha However, I'm excited to try out some more recipes and see if I can find "the one".
I found this recipe HERE


Mini Pumpkin Donuts

Ingredients for Donuts:
1 1/2 c flour
1 T ground flaxseed (optional)
1/4 c brown sugar, packed
4 T granulated sugar
1 t pumpkin pie spice
1/4 t salt
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 t vanilla
1 (small) can pumpkin puree
1/2 c buttermilk
Ingredients for Glaze:
1/2 T milk
4 T powdered sugar

Directions
In a small bowl combine all dry ingredients for donuts.
In a separate bowl mix vanilla, pumpkin and buttermilk.
Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and whisk by hand until fully incorporated.
Put batter in Select Brands babycake Donut Maker and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until fully cooked.
Let donuts cool.
Mix glaze ingredients.
Dip donuts into glaze and let set before enjoying.

No comments: