Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Caramel Crispix

Bad photo, delicious snack. This is a relatively simple "chex mix" type snack. And I think that's why I loved it so much. There was nothing but amazing caramel and the cereal itself. You could easily throw in nuts, coconut, and any other ingredient you think would go well, but I prefer it plain. Over the Christmas break, I ate my weight in this stuff, but it was so delicious. I couldn't get enough, and I never got tired of it. 

Caramel Crispix

8 - 9 cups Crispix Cereal
2 cups of butter
2 cups of brown sugar
½ cup Light Karo syrup
½ tsp Vanilla
½ tsp Baking Soda

Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil. Add Karo syrup, vanilla and baking soda. Boil for about 5 minutes on medium high heat. 
Dump dry cereal in a large bowl. After caramel sauce has finished bowling pour over cereal and lightly stir with a wooden spoon. 
Enjoy!

No comments: