Saturday, January 26, 2013

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables

During my recent pregnancy, I couldn't stand the sight, smell, or thought of Chinese food... let alone the taste. Now that I'm finally getting back to "normal", I've been craving some Chinese food! This recipe was surprisingly easy and delicious. Both my husband and I give it two thumbs up. 

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables

Ingredients
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast per 1-2 people (I make 2 and it feeds 3 of us)
2 green onions chopped
1 1/2 cups of chopped broccoli
1 cup of chopped carrot
Teriyaki marinade
Soy sauce
1 Tbs honey
salt, pepper, garlic to taste
rice (I use brown)

Directions
1. Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray and put the frozen chicken breasts in. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the teriyaki marinade, honey, and chopped green onions. Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
2. Add the broccoli, carrots and a couple of shakes of your soy sauce and cook on high for another hour.
3. Shred the chicken inside the crockpot. It's super tender so it's easy to use 2 forks to shred. If you need more teriyaki, add more now. Taste the sauce and season if needed. 4. Allow food to cook for another 20 minutes without a lid on it so the sauce can thicken. During this time you can get your rice.
5. Serve your Crock pot Teriyaki Chicken and Veggies over rice .


No comments: