Saturday, August 25, 2012

Chicken Artichoke Casserole

My sister likes to send me recipe cards she finds out of magazines, and I can never resist trying them out. This recipe came from a Taste of Home magazine, and I was a tiny bit hesitant to try it just because I wasn't sure I wanted an artichoke dip flavor for a casserole dinner. I don't know, it seemed weird to me. I'm glad I decided to give it a try because it was delicious and my family slicked it right up. Yum.

Chicken Artichoke Casserole

2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup milk (2 %)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup onion and garlic salad croutons, coarsely crushed

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, artichokes, soup, cheese, mayo, milk, garlic, onion powder, and pepper. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture.
Transfer to a greased 2 qt baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until heated through.

No comments: