Thursday, July 12, 2012

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff

I didn't grow up eating beef stroganoff like so many did, but my husband did and it's always been one of his favorites. I never remember to put it on the dinner rotation. I came across this crock pot version on Pinterest, and knew I needed to make it. It came out perfect! My husband ate 3 large helpings and all my kids licked their plates. I was surprised at how much I really enjoyed it too. It's definitely going on the dinner rotation now! I love that it's so easy!
Found on Heather's Bytes


Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff



1-2 lbs cube steak, cut into one-inch pieces
2 cans condensed golden mushroom soup (no substitutes!)
1 cup chopped onion
1 Tb Worcestershire sauce
1 14 oz can beef broth
8 oz button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
In the crockpot, combine the meat, soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, salt and pepper and beef broth. Cook on low for 5-6 hours (or on high for 3). Stir in cream cheese and sour cream about half an hour before serving, stirring every ten minutes or so.
Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice.

No comments: