Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cajun Chicken Pasta

I really wish I could take a decent picture of food... it's on my long list of things to do... learn to take good food pictures. But until then, just imagine that the picture is succulent, decadent, absolutely mouthwatering because this dish was all that and more. I just can't even begin to describe the deliciousness of this dish. I am a true pasta lover, and I have had some magnificent pasta in my time, but this dish was so amazing. I was so happy that it was easy and I could make it at home with not a lot of real effort. Sometimes, it's the little things.
You are going to need to double this recipe. Just trust me on this.

Found on Pinterest from Blog Chef

Cajun Chicken Pasta
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into small strips)
4 ounces linguini (cooked all dente)
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
1 green onion (thinly sliced)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup parmesan cheese



Step 1: Place chicken strips and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, toss the chicken with the seasoning until the chicken strips evenly coated with the seasoning.
Step 2: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken and sauté the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees).
Step 3: Reduce heat to low. Add green onions, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Cook until heated through. Pour over hot linguini and toss with parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

Vivian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.