Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Strawberry Heart Oreo Cookies

These caught my eye on Pinterest and I knew I wanted to make them for Valentine's Day. I was hosting book club at my house this month and it was the perfect excuse to make them. They are so adorable and perfect for a Valentine's treat. Yummy, yummy!

Strawberry Heart Oreo Cookies

1 package of strawberry cake mix
2 eggs
3/4 cup shortening

Frosting
8 oz Cream Cheese
1 stick butter
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Mix together the cookie ingredients. The dough will be stiff. Don't worry, it's supposed to be that way. Roll into balls and place 2 balls together on a cookie sheet. Pinch the bottom to form a heart. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes.
Mix frosting ingredients. When cookies are cool, spread frosting onto the back of one cookie and place another cookie, bottom side down onto the frosting. Basically just sandwich it like an oreo.

*Recipe from 30 Handmade Days

1 comment: