Friday, February 10, 2012

Basic Pancakes

We usually have pancakes at least twice a week. I use a basic pancake recipe that my mom taught me when I was growing up. The other morning, I went to the store early, and my husband called me and asked where the pancake mix was. I laughed and told him that I've never bought pancake mix. He was astounded. Then he asked how I made the pancakes I make several times a week. Ummm.... a magical thing called flour, sugar, and milk.... ha, ha
He asked me to tell him the recipe and I had a huge brain fart. I think I have to have the mixing bowl in front of me to trigger the recipe...
Luckily when I got home and the pressure was off, it came back to me, but I thought I would put it down in my online recipe box (here) so in case the situation ever arises again, it will be right here. I always double the recipe and refrigerate or freeze the leftover pancakes so we can pull them out easily all week.

Basic Pancakes

2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp melted butter

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1 1/2 cups of milk. Add to the flour mixture, stirring only until smooth. Blend in melted butter. If the batter is too thick to pour, add some more milk. Cook on a hot griddle until you see bubbles. Flip and brown the other side.

1 comment:

Marko Crupi said...

Hi, I am the owner of a Photography blog photographymc.blogspot.com

I'd like to exchange links with you. I added your blog to my Favorites!

Pay me a visit and let me know with a comment on the blog what you think about it.

P.s.

There's something you may be interested in, on my blog started a free online photography course, that includes over 200 lessons at this link: Free online Digital Photography Course