Friday, January 13, 2012

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found this recipe for Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies on Pinterest, and they turned out so perfect. They are soft, chewy, and absolutely scrumptious. I was surprised by the secret ingredient, but I can't argue with something that works so well. I made them during Christmas time with some mini M&M's and not only did they get snatched up by the handful, but they looked quite adorable too. Try not to eat too many!!

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.

3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.

4. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonful onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)

5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 3 dozen.


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Soft and chewy is just how I like them. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-52.html

Lisa said...

Thanks for coming by and linking your cookies up. The Top 5 is actually determined by which posts get the most views during the week. So, in essence, it's chosen by all of you rather than me, which I think makes it quite nice. Give the people what they want, I say. :)

Kinsey said...

I will have to try these for sure!

Amy C. said...

I always want a yummy cookie recipe. I want to make them right now! What if I don't have unsalted butter? Do you think it'll ruin them?