Friday, December 9, 2011

Pretzel Treats

These have to be the simplest, but most delicious treats ever! I have been making them for years and years. The best part is they are so versatile. You could use any type of Hershey kiss that you could think of... or rolo... or candy to top them with. The possibilities are endless! They also are pretty enough to take as a treat to someone and fun for the kids to help. I make my kids unwrap all the candy. ;)

Pretzel Treats

Square Pretzel Snaps or Round Pretzel checkers
Hershey kisses, hugs, or rolos
Plain M&M's

Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line up pretzels on a tin foil lined baking sheet. Place a kiss or rolo on top of each pretzel. Stick them in the oven for 4 - 6 minutes or until the chocolate is soft. Remove immediately and press an M&M down on top of each kiss.

Let cool in freezer or fridge until hardened. Enjoy!

I have noticed that the rolos take longer to get soft than the kisses, so if I'm doing both I do them in separate pans.

My favorite combos are

Rolos with pecans
Hugs with M&M
Candy Cane kisses with M&M

We recently tried Cookies and Cream kisses which turned out to be my daughter's favorite. These are just so much fun!

1 comment:

Dining Alone said...

I love salty with sweet, these look so good!