Monday, December 19, 2011

Perfect Pumpkin Pie


One of the things I love most about the holiday season is the food. It's a time where I can get fancy and make dishes I don't normally make. I just love it. For Thanksgiving we had 4 different pies for dessert and that was just for our family. I get a little carried away. Just call me Clark Griswald. ha, ha
Anyway, this is the most perfect pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie, and this recipe is the best I've had.

Perfect Pumpkin Pie
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices, and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 - 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish with whipped cream.

No comments: