Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bars

I thought snickerdoodle and pumpkin might be an odd combination... just odd enough to be really yummy. And I was right. The spices combine to make a perfectly pumpkin fall taste right in your mouth. They made my house smell heavenly while baking also.

Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bars

1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cups pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup white chocolate chips

Spice Mixture
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp All Spice

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
1. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter until fluffy. Add sugar and pumpkin and beat well. Mix in egg and vanilla.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Beat flour mixture into liquid mixture a little at a time just until incorporated. Stir in white chocolate chips last.
3. Line a 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper. Mix spices and sugar ingredients in a small bowl for the spiced sugar mixture.
4. Press half of the dough into the pan. Sprinkle half of the spiced sugar mix on top. Add the remaining dough and top with the rest of the sugar and spice mix.
5. Bake at 375 for 25 - 30 minutes. (Mine took about 35 minutes to get done.)

*Adapted from Tasty Kitchen

4 comments:

Gisela said...

Sounds wonderful. I love this idea and I've never seen of it before.

Dining Alone said...

What a neat idea, thanks!

security equipment said...

This is generally a wonderful website i should say,I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work

Compulsive Doodler said...

Though pumpkin and snickerdoodles may sound weird together just because they're both such funny words, I feel like the flavor combinations would taste (and do look) great. I would love to see this in cookie form.