Friday, October 14, 2011

Raspberry Panna Cotta

I had a fun get together with friends and wanted a yummy special dessert. A couple of years ago on a cruise I tasted the most delicious dessert I have ever eaten and it turned out to be Raspberry Panna Cotta. When I looked it up online, it didn't seem too difficult so I decided to give it a try. It was really fun to make and pretty yummy. It definitely wasn't as good as the cruise version, but still pretty tasty. I made two batches. The first was way too strong on the honey taste so I modified it for the next batch. I used several recipes from online and combined them for my final product. I also had some cute chocolate molds for a little fancy decoration on top.

Raspberry Panna Cotta

2 tbsp cold water
1 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
12 oz light raspberry yogurt
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp honey
red food coloring

Pour cold water into microwave-safe cup and sprinkle with gelatin. Wait 5 minutes, then heat in microwave for 15 seconds. Gently whisk together yogurt, cream and honey - then stir in gelatin. Add food coloring to get it the color you want.

Divide mixture among 6 small glasses or molds. Chill for at least 3 hours. Run knife around edges of cups to unmold panna cottas onto plates.

Top with fresh raspberries, whipping cream, or fancy chocolate.

1 comment:

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com