Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins

With the abundance of zucchini coming from my garden, I decided it was about time to start putting it to good use. Of course, one of my favorite recipes to make with zucchini is chocolate chip muffins. This is the recipe I have been using every since I can remember. I'm not sure quite where it came from, but I've never been interested in finding a new one. These are delicious and make a perfect breakfast!

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins


  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup shredded zucchini
  • 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

In a bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine the egg, oil, applesauce, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and mini chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until done.

1 comment:

Cooking Creation said...

They look delicious and I love how you use applesauce in place of some of the oil! :)