Friday, August 19, 2011

Strawberry and Cream Cookies

When I first saw this recipe on Tasty Kitchen, it looked so interesting that I knew I needed to make them. The texture was really smooth and quite unlike any cookie I've ever tasted. After tasting the first one out of the oven, I wasn't blown away, but thought it was pretty good. But then I found that I couldn't stop eating them... especially with the dusting of powdered sugar. It's a deadly recipe. Secretly addicting you to the strawberry creamness. We loved them!

Strawberry and Cream Cookies

  • 1 package (8 Oz. Package) Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
  • ½ cups Butter, Room Temperature
  • 1 whole Egg
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1 package (18.25 Oz.) Strawberry Boxed Cake Mix
  • ½ cups Powdered Sugar

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg. Mix in the vanilla extract. Lastly, mix in the cake mix until thoroughly incorporated.

Cover bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Roll the chilled batter into 1″ sized balls and then roll them in powdered sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and gooey.

Cool completely and sprinkle with more Powdered sugar.

2 comments:

Dining Alone said...

I love strawberry but have not had a strawberry cookie before, I will give it a try.

Cooking Creation said...

They sound really good! I am intrigued and think I might give them a try also. :)