Monday, May 9, 2011

Crunchy Salad

This is one of my favorite salads to take to a potluck or neighborhood BBQ. It is always gone in minutes, and I've had more people ask for the recipe for this salad than any other that I bring. The texture and taste are wonderful. It's the perfect salad. Light, colorful, and easy to put together.

Crunchy Salad

1 head broccoli, chopped
1 head cauliflower, chopped
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup cashews
1 cup dried cranberries
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled

Dressing:
1 cup Mayo
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp vinegar

Mix first 6 ingredients together in a bowl. Mix together the mayo and sugar. Chill in fridge for 10 - 20 minutes. Add the vinegar and mix until smooth. Pour dressing over other ingredients and toss to mix.

3 comments:

Monica H said...

Just wanted to let you know you won the cookbook giveaway on my blog. Please come by to claim your winnings!

Congratulations!

~Monica H
Lick The Bowl Good

Cooking Creation said...

I love this kind of salad! I normally use raisins but my sister introduced me to using Craisins.

pamphl3t said...

This looks like a great salad! I love your blog and im hoping to try out some of your recepies :)