Friday, April 8, 2011

Frito Casserole

Here is a blast from the past. I was going through my recipe box and found this recipe. My hubby and I used to eat this all the time when we were kid-less and living the apartment life. I made it for my kids and we gobbled it up. It's such a basic recipe, but really yummy and filling. My kids loved getting a little bag of Fritos to eat it with. They thought that was so cool.

1 lb hamburger
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can tomato sauce
1 can Diced tomatoes, not drained
2 cups water
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 cup minute rice
Fritos chips

cheese, olives, sour cream

Brown hamburger and onion together. Add all the ingredients except rice. Let cook 10 minutes. Add rice and cover. Let sit for 10 minutes. Stir and add cheese on top and any other garnishes. Eat with Fritos.

1 comment:

Cooking Creation said...

My husband and daughter would love this! It sounds yummy :)