Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Baked Chicken Romano

I discovered this little gem while going through my recipe box. The poor box hadn't been cracked in years, and it was like opening a treasure chest. I have been baking and cooking up a storm remembering all these oldie but goodie recipes. I loved the slight tangy taste the mustard gives to the chicken. My kids really liked the chicken. They thought it was fried chicken!!! I'll take that.

Baked Chicken Romano

10 TBSP butter, divided
2 TBSP Dijon mustard
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup grated Romano Cheese
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

1. Preaheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt 8 tbsp butter in a small saucepan; stir in mustard. (mixture will be slightly lumpy)
2. Combine bread crumbs, Romano and parsley in a shallow dish. Combine flour, salt and pepper in another shallow dish. Coat chicken with flour. Dip in melted butter. Roll in crumb mixture.
3. Heat remaining 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken; cook, turning once, until lightly browned on both sides, about 10 minutes.
4. Place chicken in a large baking dish. Bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.

4 comments:

Mary said...

This is such a lovely dish. This is my first visit to your blog and I've spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Sadie said...

Thank you for your wonderful comment, Mary. I appreciate it.

Cooking Creation said...

This looks sooooo good! I'm trying to figure out what side that is on the left.

Sadie said...

Celeste, it's steamed vegetables in a cheese sauce. ;)