Monday, March 7, 2011

Cheerio Bars




I remember my mom making these for my sisters and I when I was a kid. They are addicting and so yummy. I've also had them made with Rice Krispies cereal, but I prefer the Cheerios. Make sure you have someone to share them with or you'll end up eating the whole pan! ;)

Cheerio Bars

1 c. light corn syrup
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
6 c. Cheerios
6 oz. butterscotch chips
6 oz. chocolate chips

Heat but do not boil corn syrup and sugar. Add vanilla, peanut butter and cheerios. Press into 13 x 9 inch pan. Melt chips and spread over cereal mixture. Put the pan in the fridge or freezer until chocolate on top is set. Cut into bars and enjoy!

2 comments:

Matt and Tiffany said...

I made these last weekend and I did eat the whole pan! Even had them for breakfast (it's cereal right?)

Cooking Creation said...

I could go for one of those about now. They sound delicious!!