Monday, December 13, 2010

Brownie Covered Oreos

When I saw this genius idea over at Picky Palate, I knew it was Christmas inspiration at its best!! I was completely smitten. This is such a fantastic idea. Not only are they extremely simple to make, they look absolutely gorgeous on a Christmas platter. I got rave reviews when I served these this past weekend. I'll give you one more nudge to bake them.... the oreo gets soft after it's baked. Absolutely delicious! Jenny used red Christmas oreos and I took it one step farther by using the Mint green cream oreos, and regular white oreos along with the red special edition ones. They look so festive!

1 Brownie mix (or use your own brownie recipe)

1 package Oreos (or several different types of Oreos)

White chocolate, melted for drizzle

Sprinkles

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Leave in mixing bowl. Dip Oreos in brownie batter then place in bottom of cupcake tins that have been generously sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until brownies are cooked through. As soon as you remove, take a plastic butter knife and run along the edges of the brownie. This will help it not to stick to the pan.

2. Let cool for 5 minutes. Remove and drizzle with melted white chocolate, sprinkle with festive sprinkles and prepare to be dazzled!

2 comments:

Ms. Code said...

Brownie covered Oreos?? I think I've died and gone to Heaven!
Yum!!

Evan and Kinsey Zinser said...

I've seen these a couple other places and have really wanted to try them! Thanks for the nudge!