Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm a Winner! And a Happy Thanksgiving!

I went out of town for a much needed break and vacation for 9 days during the Thanksgiving holdiday. I was so excited to see my family, and I had planned on baking the whole Thanksgiving meal by myself, which I have never even come close to doing before. This was major!!! I had a master menu list, a master recipe list, a master to do before cooking list. I have never been more excited about cooking! About 5 minutes before I left my house, the beloved UPS man left these babies at my door. I was ecstatic and packed them to use for my Thanksgiving meal.
And you know what the best part is? I won them!!! Yes, a whole Le Crueset lot of beautiful wonderful dishes. I love them. I mean, I really LOVE them. I won them over at Lick the Bowl Good and when Monica emailed me to tell me, I couldn't have been more surprised or happy. Thank you Monica for having such an awesome blog, and an amazing giveaway! Check her site out, she always makes me drool.

I stayed with my sister over Thanksgiving, and I love her to pieces but her kitchen has much to be desired. Not only is it miniscule... it has no dishwasher, no garbage disposal, and a small oven... NO, I'm not kidding. But I made it work. Here is a picture of some of the fruits of my labor.

I have lots of recipes to share with you (see my beautiful brand new red Le Crueset dish?). But first I have to say, if you haven't tried PW's Green Bean Casserole, you must go make it today!! It is incredible. I've always hated the traditional cream of mushroom, fried onion green bean casserole and when I found her version, I was instantly smitten. And it proved to be a huge success. It will definitely be appearing at my Thanksgiving dinner and lots of other dinners throughout the year as well.
My favorite dish was probably the Sweet Potatoe Casserole and my mom's Pomegranite Salad. What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

1 comment:

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog... have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...