Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Spooky Gooey Brownies

I had so many plans for yummy Halloween treats to share and somehow the time just got away from me!! In my defense, my hubby got to come home for a 2 week leave, and I spent most of the time following him around like a puppy not wanting him to leave my side. ;)
My daughters and I made up this yummy Halloween brownie recipe. It was delicious and perfect for getting into the Halloween mood! Leave me a comment if you have any yummy Halloween treats to share!

Spooky Halloween Brownies

1 box favorite brownie mix (I like Betty Crocker Chocolate Chunk)
1 package Halloween Oreos
1/4 cup frosting (chocolate or orange look the best)
Orange chocolate melts (Or use white with orange food coloring)

1. Make the brownies according to the box directions. Stir in 8 - 10 crushed up oreos. My girls loved this part. I put the oreos in a zip lock bag and let them crunch them up. Bake according to directions. Let cool.
2. Spread brownies with a very light layer of frosting. You want the brownie itself to show through the frosting. Crush up 10 - 12 oreos and sprinkle on top of frosting. Melt the orange melts in a microwaveable bowl for 30 second intervals until melted. Drizzle over the top. Cut into bars and enjoy!

These were super fun and the oreos inside the brownies made them very gooey and delicious!

No comments: