Friday, September 17, 2010

Brownie Trifle

I found this recipe on Miranda's Recipes and new I needed it. I desperately needed to taste it. It's been in my saved recipes for awhile just waiting for an occasion. I finally got my wish a couple weeks ago and made it for a birthday celebration. So decadent! So delicious! So much chocolate... yum! Unfortuneatly I do not own a Trifle bowl. Isn't that ridiculous? But a large glass bowl worked just fine.

Chocolate Trifle

1 extra large container Cool Whip (I made my own whipping cream)
3-4 T Cocoa powder
1 jar caramel topping
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 boxes favorite brownie mix (I recommend Betty Crocker's Triple Chunk)
3 Heath bars crushed
1 king size Symphony with Toffee and Almonds bar crushed

Make up the brownie mix according to box directions, but bake in a sheetcake pan. Bake until just set in the middle. Let cool completely.

Mix Cool Whip (or whipping cream) and cocoa powder until well combined.

In a trifle bowl, layer brownies, sweetened condensed milk, caramel, chocolate Cool Whip, and crushed Heath bars 3 times. Top with remaining Heath bars and symphony bar.

Let sit in refrigerator for 1 -2 hours before serving.


1 comment:

Miranda Townsend said...

This is BY FAR my favorite dessert! Of all the desserts I've had in my life, this is the one that defines me...oh so rich and delicious - almost too rich, yet I could eat the WHOLE thing in one sitting. Great choice.