Wednesday, September 15, 2010

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I have always loved BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches. It is just the perfect sandwich for me. Sometimes I crave them like crazy... even when I'm not pregnant. ;) I found this divine recipe over at My Kitchen Cafe, and it turned out absolutely perfect! There is no getting tired of these babies. I ate them as leftovers for a week straight... and lamented when the pulled pork was finally gone. You just can't go wrong with this recipe, plus it's a crock pot recipe! Bonus!

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

3 to 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder or pork loin
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
1 tablespoon hickory flavored liquid smoke
2 cups barbecue sauce

Rinse the pork shoulder and pat dry. Rub salt and pepper over the pork and place in a slow cooker. Add water and liquid smoke. Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, until the pork is very tender.

Remove the pork from the slow cooker and discard the remaining liquid. Shred the pork using a couple of forks. Place the meat back in the slow cooker along with the barbecue sauce and continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes until the pork is hot again. Serve on buns with extra barbecue sauce.

No comments: