Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mom's Easy Waffles

I love waffles... really, who doesn't? When they are a little crisp and have a fruit topping, it's pure heaven for me. Any recipe that comes from my mom is golden. It could be the memories, but I think really she is just an amazing cook. I admire her because she lived through the no internet era... back when there was no internet to look things up and she stored all the recipes in her head. I'm so glad that I have the internet to pour over recipes and pictures. What would I do without it?
These waffles are very easy, and very delicious.
For the topping, I just sliced some strawberries and let them simmer in a pot with sugar.... mmmm

Mom's Easy Waffles

  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 3/4 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Stir just until smooth.
Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

1 comment:

teresa said...

such a delicious looking waffle!