Monday, August 30, 2010

Easy French Toast Sticks

I know this isn't the best picture, and when you read the ingredients you will think, "What?", but seriously these are very surprising! A friend introduced them to me and I was so surprised when I tasted them. They are really tasty, extremely easy, and healthy too. My friend got them out of a Weight Watchers cookbook. I modified for my family, but I'll put the Weight Watcher directions too in case you are counting points.
They are so easy that I've already used them twice for school morning breakfasts and this is only our second week! My kids love them.

Easy French Toast Sticks

2 hot dog buns
4 eggs (weight watchers called for 1/3 cup fat free liquid egg substitue)
1 tsp Coffee mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer (I used Hazelnut powdered creamer)
2 dashes cinnamon

Syrup for dipping

Split buns in half and cut halves into fourths, leaving you with 16 chunks of bread.
In a small bowl, dissolve powdered creamer in 1 tablespoon warm water. Add eggs and 1 dash cinnamon, stirring until mixed well.
Bring a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium high heat. Dip bread pieces in egg mixture, covering them completely. Place them in the pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, flipping occasionally to cook all sides.
Remove from heat. Sprinkle with another dash of cinnamon, and serve warm.

1 comment:

Fignie said...

So, yeah, this looks amazing!! I might have to try it on my days off for sure :)
(I picked up Jiffy Corn Bread mix to make the wee corn dog cupcakes :P )