Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Chicken Parm Calzones

My good friend, Rach, shared this simple and yummy recipe with me. It's so easy and perfect for a fun lunch or a quick dinner. I especially like the crusty cheese on top. Mmmmm....

Chicken Parm Calzones

Pizza Dough (You can use the kind in the can or your favorite recipe)
Breaded Chicken Tenders
Pizza or Spaghetti sauce
Mozzerella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

Cook chicken tenders until nice and crispy. Cut into bite size pieces. You need about one tender per calzone.

Roll out the dough. You will be cutting this into 4 "squares" (they really look more like rectangles)

Put cooked chicken in the middle of the dough. Put 2 to 3 tablespoons of sauce on and a handful of mozzorella. Sprinkle with parmesan.

Wrap it like a burrito and put it on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle top with both cheeses. Do this with the rest of the dough and cook for 20 - 25 minutes at 350.

The top should get golden brown when done.

Have extra sauce for dipping!


1 comment:

Miranda Townsend said...

Well this recipe is just right up my alley!! I LOVE how we have the same tastes in food!! I'll be making these for sure!