Monday, June 28, 2010

Award

I got another award!!! Wow, I'm starting to feel really special. Celeste from Cuckoo For Cooking gave me this, and I am amazed that she follows my little po dunk cooking blog. Thank you Celeste! Her blog is amazing... organized, full of great photos, and of course, delicious recipes.
I have been crazy busy lately, and my husband recently left for Iraq to serve for a year, so I haven't been up to much cooking. But I'm not down and out yet... I will be whipping up some more fun stuff, I promise. Okay, now for the rules...

RULES:
1. Thank the person nominating you
2. Copy the award to my blog
3. Place a link to their blog
4. Name 7 tidbits people don't know about me from reading my blog
5. Nominate 7 blogs
6. Place a link to those blogs
7. Leave a comment letting those bloggers know about the award.

What you may not know about me...
1. I'm a country girl, and live out in the boonies.
2. My favorite color is purple.
3. I love animals, the more the merrier.
4. I love reading, and have a book blog that I review books on.
5. One of my biggest pet peeves is lazy people
6. I have a secret obsession with shoes.
7. I have a really bad habit of chewing the skin off around my fingernails... gross, right?

Some blogs I adore:

My Kitchen Cafe - Every recipe I have tried from here has been phenomenal!

The Girl who ate Everything - Love this recipe site so much

Mommy's Kitchen - Another great recipe site that leaves me drooling

Food, Friends, and Fun - I have found some excellent recipes on here. I just wish they would post more.

Comfie Country Crafts - Not only is she a good friend, she is an awesome crafter. I'm amazed at all the crafts she comes up with... and with 3 small boys to chase after too.

The Lyon's Tale - She makes me laugh and she writes awesome books.

2 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Thanks for the award! Just looking at your blog, I'm suddenly very hungry . . .

Melanie said...

Thank you, Sadie! I'm honored that you would even mention my site. And it's always fun to get other great cooking blog ideas from lists like this. Thanks, again!