Thursday, May 20, 2010

Award and Stuff


I received this award from Kinsey over at Bubbaroo. Check out her blog. She is amazing!!! It really made my day. I don't get many comments so it is nice to know that there really are a few people who like my blog and actually get some use out of it. Thank you Kinz so much! You brightened my day.

1. Accept and thank the person who sent it to you.

2. List 10 things about yourself.

3. List 5 additional things you don't like.

4. Pass the award on to 10 other bloggers.

Here are some things you might not know about me:

1. I have 4 adorable kids.
2. I rarely order the same thing twice at a restaurant. I want to try everything just once.
3. I love playing basketball and volleyball and wish I could play every day.
4. I have a HUGE sweet tooth.
5. I love crafting, art, music, and learning new things... if only I had time to do it all.
6. My husband is deployed to Iraq.
7. I don't own very many cookbooks and I'm very ashamed of that...
8. I love travelling, exploring, and adventure.
9. I have 1 horse, 1 cat, and 6 chickens... but I'm hoping to expand our small farm considerably in the coming years.
10. If I was forced to go back to work, I would enter the medical field.

5 things I don't like:

1. Long winters and short summers
2. Wanting to shop and having no money to
3. Being far away from my sisters, brothers, mom, dad, and everyone else I grew up with.
4. People who hold grudges. Get over it already!!
5. When people mistake my quietness for snobbiness or boringness...

Now here are the blogs I am giving this award to:
1. Miranda's Kitchen (she's such a great cook)
2. Cooking with the Keys (Not only is she a great cook, but she takes phenomenal photos)
3. Kiss My Grits (So many fun things)
4. Love at First Bite (Yum, yum, yum)
5. Lick the Bowl Good (A new one I discovered that makes me lick my screen)
6. Crystal's Craft Spot (so many good ideas and she has a preschool blog as well!)
7. Keeping it Simple (Such a great craft blog full of awesome ideas)
8. Candy Blog (I love this so much! What an awesome job, getting paid to review candy. She keeps me informed of all the latest and greatest candy)
9. J Bird Jewelry (If you're looking for beautiful homemade jewellry, this is the place!)
Now that my husband is gone for the next year, I have a feeling that I won't be posting quite as much. But I do have an archive of unposted recipes... Thank goodness!! I just counted the pics in my Food Folder this morning and I have over 30 recipes that I have tried out, but not had time to post. Phew!
More than likely I'll be doing a lot of baking.... Let's get back to the bread, baby!!
So be patient with me. I'm still here, just not as motivated now that I don't have a husband to sigh and moan at the delciousness of every bite. ;)

7 comments:

Monica H said...

Thank you for passing the award on to me- I appreciate it so much!

I wish your husband safety and you peace while you wait for him to return home. I don't know what that's like, but I do know what it's like to miss someone and to worry about them.

Holding grudges- I'm guilty but I can't help it. Don't hate me. ha ha!

Don't feel bad about not owning cookbooks, you probably save money that way. At least I know I would :-)

Stacy said...

I don't know you personally and I can't remember how I found your blog, but I'm glad you did. I check it weekly!! I made the Italian beef for a ward dinner and received tons of compliments! So thanks for sharing it and all the others that you've posted. Today we're doing the tator tot casserole...my kids love it.
I'm thankful for your husband's service and your family's sacrifice.

Jami Key said...

ahh, Sadie, thanky you! You're the sweetest! Can't wait to see you at MDB!

beardmommaof4 said...

If you want, I'll ooh and aah for you to keep you cooking ;)

jahanzaib said...

Really like this website, this really helps and very useful.
send flowers germany
Valentines Day Flowers Germany
germany flower

Angie said...

Thanks for the award! (Sorry I'm a bit late--last week of school has things a bit crazy around here.) I'm excited to be following your blog, too! :)

The Riries said...

I just wanted to say you're doing a great job and that I love your blog and recipes! I never really comment, I guess I just get too excited about the recipes, so I just want to say thank you so much for all the great content!