Monday, April 19, 2010

Wicked Easy Mexican Crockpot Chicken

I got this recipe from my good friend, Rachel. When I saw how simple it was, I just had to try it. Delicious, simple, perfect... Doesn't get better than that.

Mexican Crockpot Chicken

4 - 6 Chicken Breasts
2 jars Newman's Own Black Bean and Corn Salsa (16 oz) (I used a generic brand with great success)

Optional Extras: Diced Chili's, Diced Jalepenos, Black Olives, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese

Throw it all in the crockpot and cook on low 6 - 8 hours. If you are using 2-3 chicken breasts only use one jar of sala. I also like to put in an 8 oz block of cream cheese. It makes it a little creamier for burritos. Shred chicken before serving. Top with shredded cheese. Serve with tortilla chips, rolled up burrito style, or a topping for nachos.

1 comment:

Evan and Kinsey Zinser said...

That looks awesome! I am always looking for new crockpot recipes, especially with summer coming on.