Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Curly Noodle Dinner

Who needs a quick easy dinner that your kids will love? I used to be against Ramen Noodles, yes, I was a Ramen hater, but then I had 4 kids and realized that my plan of gourmet meals every night were a short cry from crazy. Ramen noodles and I have become friends. I don't feel guilty anymore when I have to pull out the RN for a late, quick dinner or speedy lunch. My kids love Ramen Noodles and since they don't have it often it is a BIG treat for them to have.... which I think is hilarious.
Anyway, Ramen Noodles is the base of this dish, and let me tell ya, it tasted about a million times better than I expected.
How can something so vile taste so good? ha, ha, It's a mystery. This is a quick, easy dish that requires few items. It's perfect paired with homemade bread and jam.

Curly Noodle Dinner

1 pound ground beef
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 package beef ramen noodles
1/4 to 1/2 cup water.

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, and contents of noodle seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Break noodles into small pieces; stir into beef mixtrue.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until noodles are tender, adding a little water at a time until desired consistency is reached.

1 comment:

Evan and Kinsey Zinser said...

I have used this recipe so many times! Love love love it. So easy. Also something to try with just regular Ramen. Add a slightly beaten egg to the boiling water the last minute it is cooking. Pour it in slow with a fork and you now have easy egg-drop soup. Yum!