Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mango Lassi

A crappy picture and a yummy treat for your Trim Tuesday. This feels and tastes like a milkshake, but it's so much healthier. I love anything mango, so I was sold on it without even a taste. But then I tasted, and of course, it did not disappoint. The cardamon and pistachios give it such a rich and succulent taste. It definitely "takes you away". If sharing with kids, I recommend leaving those 2 ingredients out as it can be a little much. This would be great for a special occasion drink also.
So, be inspired to be healthy today. Don't be like me, I had a rotten week last week and ended up consuming my weight in junk food. I vow to be better this week.

Mango Lassi

1 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup chopped mango (peeled and stone removed)
1-2 tablespoons sugar, to taste
Whipped cream (optional, for garnish)
pinch of ground cardamom (optional)
2 T. ground pistachios (optional)
Directions:
Put yogurt, milk, mango, and sugar in a blender and mix well, about 90 seconds. Pour into glasses and garnish with whipped cream, ground cardamom and pistachios. Makes about 2 cups.

2 comments:

Jami Key said...

sounds so yummy, I must try it now!

Mary, CookEatShare Author Support said...

I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users will be guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.

Please visit http://cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply for additional information or contact me at mary@cookeatshare.com for more information, to get unique link to claim and customize your profile.