Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sushi for lunch


This is a really fun kids snack or lunch idea. I have seen it around on The Family Fun website and a few different recipe blogs, but never tried it. Lately my kids have been obsessed with the cutest children's book, Yoko. There are quite a few different books about Yoko's adventures, and my kids just love them. Yoko brings sushi to eat for lunch, and my kids thought it looked so yummy. I wasn't quite ready to introduce the real sushi to them (we are not a fish loving family) so I decided this cute subsitute was the perfect idea.

Kids Sushi

Bread
Peanut Butter
Nutella
Jam
Marshmellow Cream
Cream Cheese

Lay a piece of bread on the counter. Roll it out with a rolling pin until it is thin and flat. Spread on your favorite topping and roll up. Cut into pieces. Repeat for as much sushi that you need. My kids loved helping me make this too.

Pair it with some carrots and you have a great additon to Trim and Bush Tailed Tuesdays. ;)

1 comment:

Kinsey said...

I am totally going to try this. Iris will eat anything if it is in the shape of something or looks fun. Thanks for the idea.