Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ladybug Cake

My sister asked me to make a cake for her daughter's 1st birthday. I was more than happy to. I love making cakes, and figuring out new ways to decorate them. I am by no means a professional, but I thought this one turned out way cute.
I used fondant for all the decorating. I have a great recipe for fondant that I need to post. It's very easy to make and doesn't taste half bad either.
I am also going to add a page of "Cake Ideas". Basically just birthday cakes and special occasion cakes that I have made. Cake decorating is relatively easy.... just time consuming!



5 comments:

Matt and Tiffany said...

Love it! I love making fun cakes for my kids b-days, they don't turn out perfect but the love them!!!

Evan and Kinsey Zinser said...

I love decorating cakes too. You'll definitely have to post the fondant recipe. Most fondant doesn't taste that good. Love the ladybug.

Monica H said...

You did such an awesome job on this cake. I love the ladybug.

Brandy said...

Love the Ladybug cake. Great job! Im going to make one for our ladybug turning 1 soon. Could you post or email me the fondant recipe you mention?
thanks so much!
Brandy

Sadie said...

Hi Brandy,
Thank you for commenting. Here is the fondant recipe and directions that I use with much success. Good luck!!

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm