Thursday, February 18, 2010

Kinsey's White Bread


After I asked for suggestions for a good bread recipe, I received quite a few by email and that made me SO happy! I am currently in the process of trying out all these delicious recipes.
The first one I tried is from my dear friend Kinsey. It was the perfect white bread. Great for making French toast, sandwhiches, and slathered with butter and jam. This recipe makes A LOT! 6 loaves!! The recipe halves just fine if you need to half it. It's great to freeze for later though. This also makes delicious scone dough too.
Kinsey's White Bread
8 cups warm water
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp yeast
1 cup oil
3 tsp salt
18 - 20 cups flour
Put the first 4 ingredients in your Bosch. Mix just a little to get the yeast wet. Let sit for 5 minutes or until yeast is foamed up.
Add the salt and flour, a cup at a time, while the dough is mixing in the Bosch. The dough will be really sticky after all the flour is mixed in; add more if needed.
Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Turn the dough in bowl and cover with a dishtowel. Let rise until double.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 6 loaf pans with cooking spray. You are now going to take a chunk of dough (1/6) and knead for about 5 minutes. Continue this until all the loaf pans are filled. Bake 3 loafs at a time for 20 minutes.

Thanks, Kinz, for a great recipe!!

1 comment:

Evan and Kinsey Zinser said...

I am so glad you liked it. It is our favorite. It's the only bread Meghan has in her house and I followed her example and make it almost weekly.

I also found another amazing way to use asparagus.
Go to
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Asparagus-Guacamole/Detail.aspx

and make some awesome guacamole using asparagus. It is so yummy. I added a little avacado too. Delicious.