Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mini Mango Pies

Are you ready for the first recipe of Trim and Bushy Tailed Tuesdays??
These are so easy and so cute and most importantly soooo good! Plus they are on the healthier side of the sweet category.
I absolutely LOVE mangos. So I'm always trying to figure out different ways to use them. Not that I'm above eating them right from the peel with juice dripping down my face, running all over my hands, and overflowing on the counter... I actually prefer them that way. But I wanted to come up with a kid friendly recipe. These tiny pies are absolutely perfect. My kids loved them, I loved them, and the hubby approved too.

Mini Mango Pies
1 package of Mini grahm cracker pie crusts
1 package Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding and Pie Filling (3.4 oz box)
1 cup cold milk
1 cup frozen whipped topping (thawed)
2 Mangos - save several slices for topping and chop the rest into chunks
Pour milk into a medium bowl. Add Pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes. Fold in one cup of whipped topping. Gently add the chopped mangos and stir until just combined.
Spoon into mini pie crusts.
Top with whipped topping and sliced mangos.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I let my kids put on their own whipped topping and mango slices. It was definitely a hit! The filling by itself is incredibly delicious. I served the leftover filling as a special treat for lunch the next day.

For more delicious mango recipes check out Gourmet Mom on the Go: Mango Recipes. The National Mango Board is sponsering a Mango and Mom recipe contest. For more info: Mango Contest. I can't wait to try out all those delicious mango recipes.

No comments: