Thursday, January 28, 2010

Malted Milk Ball Brownies

You must make these... I repeat, you MUST make these. Even if you are not a Malted milk ball (or Whopper) fan, you MUST try these. I had to make some treats for a few visits I was making, and I had seen this idea somewhere in internet land a long time ago. I just happened to have 2 theatre candy size boxes of Whoppers and knew it was time. I'm so glad I gave most of these brownies away because I can guarantee you that I would have eaten the entire pan by myself... I was hiding the few that were left from my kids because I wanted them ALL to myself. It's not often that I become this selfish, so you know these must be outrageously delicious!

*You may use any Brand of brownie mix or your own homemade brownie mix, but I STRONGLY recommend Betty Crockers Hershey Triple Chunk brownie mix. I just can't guarantee the fantastic results without using this exact mix. You won't be sorry... trust me.

Malted Milk Ball Brownies

1 package of Betty Crocker Hershey Triple Chunk Brownie Mix
1-3/4 cups chopped malted milk balls, divided
1 cup milk chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Prepare Brownie batter according t package directions; stir in 1 cup malted milk balls. Spread int a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees fr 28-30 minutes or until a tthpick inserted 2 inches frm an edge cmes ut with moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack.
In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat. Remve from the heat. Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with the remaining malted milk balls. Refrigerate fr 10-15 minutes or until set. Cut into bars.

I apologize for the crappy picture. It was late, I was drooling, the kitchen was dark, there was a glare, I ran out of clean white plates... I have a lot more excuses, take your pick.

No comments: