Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fishing Pond

This is the cutest snack I have seen in a long time and it fits right in with my Trim and Bushy Tailed Tuesdays. It's super simple and my kids went wild over it. I actually had a lot of fun eating it too.
I found the idea while perusing the Family Fun website.

Fishing Pond Snack
1/2 block cream cheese, softened
Blue food coloring
Fish shaped crackers
Celery

Mix blue food coloring into the cream cheese until smooth. Put into a shallow bowl. Add fish crackers around the "pond" or you could put them into a separate bowl. Use the celery sticks as fishing rods by dipping them into the cream cheese and then "catching" the fish crackers.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I've done something like this but hadn't thought of tinting the cream cheese blue--genius! I love it!

Cathy said...

That is too cute! I'm thinking I may use ranch dressing and tint it blue - set it out when my boys have are "patiently" waiting for dinner & maybe they'll get a serving of veggies for the day! LOL. Thanks for the idea!

By the way, I just found your site (linked at another blog) and am enjoying browsing your recipes this morning! ;)

Kaitlin said...

That is so cute, what a great idea!