Thursday, January 21, 2010

Buttermilk Pancakes

I'm a sucker for breakfast food. I especially like a good pancake. I always have buttermilk in my fridge that needs to be used, so I was searching for a pancake recipe that needed buttermilk. I found one on All Recipes that is so delicious!! I like to make a double batch and then freeze the leftovers. That way, during the week when the kids want a hot breakfast before school, I just pop them in the microwave and Voila!, a warm, yummy breakfast without all the hassle.
I have a Blueberry Buttermilk pancake recipe on my site, but it's a bit more time consuming and I wanted simple. Here is your perfect pancakes for tomorrow morning. Make them and be happy!
Buttermilk Pancakes
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tbsp white sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs, and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it's ready!
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a woden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until just combined. Do not over stir! Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup batter for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

1 comment:

Monica H said...

These look so fluffy! I'm going to have to try these for sure. We are suckers for breakfast foods too!