Friday, December 25, 2009

Classic Spritz Cookies

These were so easy to make and so much fun to decorate. They made my neighbor goodie plates extra cute this year. If you don't have a cookie press, I suggest you get one... as soon as you can. It is so much fun to use and they are cheap. I picked mine up for less than 15 bucks. The kids and I have really enjoyed making and decorating these little cuties. Plus they are a classic cookie that just tastes good. And how can you resist the tininess? They are just too cute.
Classic Spritz Cookies
1 1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 1/2 cup all - purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
Preaheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Thoroughly cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg, milk, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat well.
Stir together flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, mixing to make a smooth dough. Do not chill. Place dough in your cookie press and press cookies onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
Remove cookies from sheet; cook on wire rack.
Have fun decorating!
Makes 7 -8 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

Fignie said...

Okays, I come with a request :)
(well first, I LOVE this part of your site, almost as much as the family page!!)

My request ... a splenda cookie, or desert ... or something yummy like that :) :P I'm having a heck of a time making something sugar free for the house :0

Kinsey said...

We made ( and my mom still makes) spritz cookies EVERY year. We would always tint half of the dough red and the other half green. Such good memories. Reminds me that I really need to get a cookie press.