This is my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe. I know that every time I make these, they will turn out superbly fantastic. It's a variation of the chocolate chip cookies that my mom and I used to make when I was growing. There is just nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven with a nice cold glass of milk. Of course, my kids and I like to spruce them up with mini M&M's, but no matter what chips you put in, it's a great recipe all around.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour and chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.