Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hot Hoagies


I've been wanting to try this recipe for quite some time and finally got around to it. My Kitchen Cafe has so many great recipes that I knew this one wouldn't disappoint. And it didn't!!! My kids ate it too, which is a big bonus. I loved that it didn't quite seem like a sandwhich, but was filling and delicious. I had to stop myself from eating more than I did. It's definitely a winner in my book.

Hot Hoagies

1 loaf french bread, cut lengthwise
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1/2 cup light mayo
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried)
2 cups shredded cheese
Olives, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place french bread on large baking sheet. Mix all topping ingredients together in a bowl. Spread topping evenly on top of both lengths of french bread. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and edges are lightly browned. Slice into pieces and serve immediately.