Friday, August 14, 2009

Gravy Baked Pork Chops

Here is another delicious, EASY, meal that is so perfect for busy nights. I know the picture is craptastic, but at least there is a picture. You can forgive me, right? I found the original recipe on All Recipes and modified it to fit our tastes. The pork chops turn out so tender and delicious, and the gravy is perfect for mashed potatoes. It's a favorite at our house, and one that I'll be making often after baby is born because it's so easy!

Gravy Baked Pork Chops

  • 4 (1 1/4 inch thick) pork chops
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1-2 tablespoons butter
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1-2 tablespoons Lipton Onion Soup Mix
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put the 1/2 cup flour in a shallow bowl. Rinse pork chops in water. Season pork chops with salt and pepper to taste and then dip in flour. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute the pork chops in the butter for about 5 minutes per side.
  2. In a separate medium bowl, combine the milk, water, soup, and soup mix. Place the pork chops in a 9x13 inch baking dish and pour the soup mixture over the chops.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa yummy.....i think great taste thanks for sharing such a yummiest recipe..

--
Reenee
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments

Anonymous said...

So far I'm in love with this recipe. i had all of the ingredients on hand. Now only 42 min and 21 secs until I can try it! Super simple! If my kids eat it, I definitely will keep this on our list of go to recipes. Thanks so much. You saved my evening.

Sadie said...

Yay! I'm glad I could save the evening. Hope you all enjoy it. I need to make this one again soon. ;)