Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Triple Chip Cookie Bars (the easy way)


We've been so busy this summer, that I've seriously slacked in the kitchen area. But I have some recipes lined up that I've been wanting to try, so hopefully I'll get back on track soon!!

Here is a great go-to recipe that is very quick and easy. It is perfect to take to a last minute BBQ, get together, or bake sale. And let's face it, you just can't go wrong with cookies and 3 types of chocolate chips. Mmmmm....

Triple Chip Cookie Bars (Cake Mix Cookie Bars)

1 Box Cake mix (I like to use yellow or white)
1 Egg
1/2 cup Oil
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup white chocolate chips

Mix cake mix, egg, oil and water in a bowl until almost all the lumps are gone.
Add the 3 different chips.
Bake in a greased 9 X 13 pan at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Cool and cut into squares.

If you have the time, you can melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips with a teaspoon of water or crisco and drizzle over the top. It makes them look pretty... ;)

See? What did I tell you... Easy peasy. It's also a great recipe to have kids help in the kitchen.

1 comment:

fast cooker said...

It looks amazing, I'm going to make it tonight.