Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Roll ups and AWARD

If there is one thing that I absolutely love, it's sun dried tomatoes. This recipe was surprisingly simple and delicious. And I'm always looking for recipes with sun dried tomatoes... I just have a thing for them. Can't get enough! I found it over at Gianina Cucina. I also received an unexpected but very pleasant surprise this week: My first award! Wow, that was totally unexpected.

SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN ROLL-UPS

2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
8 chicken breast cutlets (1 1/2 pounds) (or 2-3 chicken breasts, cut and pounded thin)
1/2 lb. deli-sliced provolone cheese
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

DIRECTIONS
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil and grease the foil.
Place the beaten eggs and bread crumbs into separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, mix the ricotta and sun-dried tomatoes.
Dip the chicken cutlets into the egg, then coat with the bread crumbs and place on a work surface. Place a slice of provolone and a heaping tbsp. of ricotta mixture on each cutlet. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
Place the chicken roll-ups side by side on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake until the chicken is golden and the cheese is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Enjoy!


Allison at Dinner At Our House gave me this award, and I'm tickled pink to pass it on. I'm supposed to pass it on to 15 blogs that I've recently discovered. I'm passing it to:

1. Gianina Cucina

2. Miranda's Recipes

3. My Sister's Cucina

4. Carrie's Sweet Life

5. Birthday Nurse

6. The Story of a princess and her hair

7. Komfy Kountry Krafts

8. Taste and Tell

9. Satisfying My Sweet Tooth


Technically I'm supposed to pass it on to 15 people, but 9 will have to do.

Thanks Allison!!

5 comments:

Allison said...

This chicken looks really good. I use to make a recipe almost like that but without the breadcrumbs (was doing South Beach Diet at the time). Now, I say bring on the breadcrumbs! I might try this.

MARIE said...

"The Story of a Princess and Her hair" is the cutest blog. Makes me want to have a girl just so I can do her hair.

The Petersons-Hairstyles For Girls said...

Thanks so much for thinking of us, I'm flattered! Oh and btw, that chicken looks so good! I think I'll try it this week. That layered jello looks really fun too.

Thanks again,
Kori

Aaron and Angela said...

Thanks for the award Sadeson! That jello recipe looks delicious, I'm going to have to give it a try.

Deborah said...

thanks for the award - you are so sweet!! I have a kind of similar chicken roll up recipe that we LOVE. I'll have to try this one out!