Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Caterpillar Snacks!

In the summer, I try to come up with creative ideas for healthy snacks because if my kids are the tiniest bit bored, they think they are hungry, and of course they just want candy and sweet treats, nothing healthy. I came up with this caterpillar idea one day, and my kids just love it!! They ask for it all the time. They especially like to help me assemble the caterpillars. Sometimes, I'll let them decorate their caterpillars with mini marshmellows or sprinkles for an extra special treat.
Caterpillar Snacks
1 Apple (sliced)
1 Banana (sliced)
About 2 tbsp peanut butter
Raisins
Mini marshmellows and sprinkles optional

Slice your apple and banana and using the peanut butter stick them together alternating between banana and apple. Stick on raisins for eyes using the peanut butter. You could also put rainsins on the banana and apple body making spots.
Watch your children's eyes light up with pleasure!

4 comments:

Allison said...

cute! my 4 year-old would love this.

Lauren said...

Haha These are sooo cute!

Lindsey said...

These are adorable!! I am going to make these for my nephew sometime!

Renee said...

These are adorable!!!!i will try to make....

--
Reenee
Plug and play Security Systems no Contracts at the best affordable Prices