Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Super Easy Mini Cheesecakes



Who's ready for a treat? These mini Cheesecakes are so yummy and super quick and easy. They are perfect for a last minute dessert. I scarfed up about 5 myself, before finally packing them up and giving some to the neighbors. I didn't have any fruit for my topping, so I decided to melt some carmels and drizzle over the top. I love caramel, and while this normally would have been a phenomenal idea, the caramel was so sticky and hard that I don't recommend it, unless you are making your own. I definitely would use strawberries, or a pie fruit filling for the topping and garnish. You just can't go wrong no matter what you decide to use.

Mini Cheesecakes

12 vanilla wafers
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2/3 cup white sugar
Topping of your choice Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with 12 paper baking cups. Place a vanilla wafer in each one. In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs, lemon juice, and sugar. Beat until smooth and thoroughly combined. Fill each baking cup 2/3 full with cream cheese mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes. Cool on a rack. Top with fruit pie filling. Pipe whipped cream or sweetened cream cheese into a rosette on top of each cheesecake just prior to serving.

3 comments:

teresa said...

They're so cute, I just want to grab one and pop it in my mouth!

Ginger said...

I love these. Your mini cheesecakes look incredible. Thanks for sharing this, I had forgotten about these.

from my motorhome to yours said...

I have made these before, one problem they keep dissapearing!!