Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cookies & Cream Rice Krispie Treats


Wow! All I can say is Wow! these were yummy! I found the recipe on Cast Sugar and knew it was love at first sight. I had to wait for a family dinner to make them because I know myself too well. I would have eaten the whole pan by myself if I didn't have a reason to share. My sweet tooth... it always gets the best of me. Make these today! You'll be so glad you did!

Cookies & Cream Rice Krispie Treats
1/2 c. chunks bittersweet chocolate
3-4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
10 oz. (1 pkg) marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla
6 c. Rice Krispie® cereal
15-20 Oreo® cookies, chopped
4-6 oz. white chocolate, chopped
15 Oreo® cookies

Place bittersweet chocolate in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Set aside. Grease a 9X13 pan, and also set aside.

Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add marshmallows, and stir until melted and combined with butter. Turn off heat, and stir in melted bittersweet chocolate and vanilla. Gently stir in cereal and chopped cookies, and mix to coat evenly. Press into 9X13 pan, leveling the top (a buttered spatula works wonders here). Allow to cool completely.

Once cooled: cut into squares. Place remaining cookies in a food processor, and pulse until finely ground. Pour out onto a plate, for dipping. Place white chocolate in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.

Dip the top of each square into the white chocolate, and then the crushed cookies. Set aside to cool and set completely. These will keep in an air-tight container for quite a long time.

2 comments:

Sophie said...

I think my sweet tooth would approve of these too :)! Very tasty.

rach said...

Oh! These look so yummy!