Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies


I saw this recipe and new I had to try it. I love Reese's Pieces and anything with a twist like these cookies have give your tongue a nice surprise from the normal every day cookie. I changed it quite a bit from a recipe I found on All Recipes because they seemed to be very overbearing on the Peanut butter side. If you are a peanut butter lover, you might be interested in adding peanut butter chips and also 3/4 c peanut butter to the batter as the original calls for. For me and my family that would be way too overpowering. I loved how these turned out. Nice and chocolatey with surprises of peanut butter throughout.

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup Reese’s Pieces
1 package mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, cut into halves and frozen (Be very careful when cutting these in half as they tend to crumble. I started from the side rather than the top and it seemed to work well. Also mine were not completely frozen as I wanted the chocolate to spread a little on top.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda; stir into the wet mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips and Reese’s Pieces.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Push one peanut butter cup half into the center of each ball of dough. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes (I baked mine about 10 minutes). Let cool for 1 or 2 minutes on sheet before removing, or they will fall apart.

Makes about 36 cookies

1 comment:

Donna-FFW said...

OOHH!! These look like a kids delight! I bet my children would love them. OK, I would love them!